Poetic pen

Tell a Tale

Friday, April 18, 2014

A Lost Diary – My Inspiration to be a blogger

I have been writing poems from my school days. All though I write them very rarely, but I do write them. I had a small diary which had my precious collection of 6 to 7 poems. One fine day, I was in the state of shock. I turned my cupboard upside down, emptied it, rearranged by carefully shredding each piece of paper. I was tired. I searched whole house thinking that I might have kept it somewhere else. But, I could not find it. My million dollar precious diary was lost…L

Finally, I do not know after how much time (may be few years), I decided to create a blog. A blog which would keep my writings safe. I told this to my brother and he gave a thumbs up. We did some searching, ran our minds and finally came up with the name “Merry Subdued Happiness”.
Yes, my first ever blog was – ‘http://merrysubduedhappiness.blogspot.com’.



Question: What inspired me to be a blogger?
Answer: A lost diary.

I would not lie that the first post on this blog was written entirely by myself. I wrote it and my best friend - Titu – my bro edited it.  Finally, Sunday, August 2, 2009 was the day I posted my first post – sort of introduction to my blog - http://merrysubduedhappiness.blogspot.in/2009/08/merry-subdued-happiness.html

Since then, I have been blogging. I created some more blogs:





Image? The page you are reading now!!!


http://amitasehrawatrecipe.blogspot.in/ - oops it does not have a single post… :P

Sometimes regularly and sometimes after a break. I loved it when I saw my stats growing day by day. A comment on my blog made my day.
Question: What is it that still keeps you going?
Answer: 
  1. Stats
  2. page views
  3. Comments
  4. Name, fame popularity
  5. Having a place where I am not bound to speak/write on anything
  6. AdSense. J (I know you too smiled)



12 comments:

  1. Hey this is a unique style of expressing blog love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ananya...
      I am waiting for your version of story...:)

      Delete
  2. So sweet,hope you enjoying blogging more and more over the coming years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your excitment! Keep it going :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! So many blogs.keep blogging girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Vinesh and Midnight Scribbler...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many blogs :O Wow.... It is wonder how you maintain them while I struggle to keep up with the demands of ONE :P

    Great going and keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good. You turned the loss into a gain ...for you .. and for the bloggosphere.

    Why not try hard and remember those poems and put it in your blog now? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saket,
      I did try, but alas! I have a bad memory...

      One of my first creation after lot of effort is at - My definition of Poetry

      Delete
  9. Glad to know you are enjoying writing in blogosphere :) Kudos to you. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete